Ava the flying girl


 When you walk away I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now? - When you're gone by Avril Lavigne (2007)

A little butterfly flower pot decoration at her grave.
Yesterday, 10th May 2015, 9 years ago, my mum Geraldine Scully (née Flanagan) gave birth to my premature sister Ava Scully. 8 days later Ava past away in her and my birthplace, the Coombe hospital, Dublin, Ireland. I was told about Ava on the day of the funeral. She was so mysterious to me since I never saw her alive.
If she was alive today, we would've had a birthday party for her, with the neighnours in the house and this post would've never existed.

It was on either 19th May-20th May 2006 when the Scullys drove to Dublin on a mild cloudy day. i was confused, Was mum sick again? We parked in the hospital and went into a stone house where I saw her in a white baby coffin. The coffin was embroiled on the walls and lid by flowers and it was shoe box shaped. There was relaxing fountain in the room as well that I remember dipping my fingers in. I never knew anything about death and funerals so this was new to me. When we brought her home, I place a small baby doll in a pink baby bodysuit in with her for her to play with in Heaven. The funeral was attended by the whole Scully and Flanagan family, including my cousin Celine who was going to be Ava's godmother.When she was buried, I place a beautiful big daffodil on her grave. We miss Ava to this day and recently I made a Find a Grave memorial for her.
Ava Scully (2006-2006)
Ava is my Rocky the flying squirrel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sub Books

Dead on Back to the Future day - Marty Ingles

Green Wings Man - Teenage Cyborg - Chapter One - pages 1-2